Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Tunes Tuesday-Oldies Edition


Oldies. More specifically today, Motownesque oldies. Grew up on it. Whenever I catch a listen, I’m taken back to my childhood apartment watching my mom working away in her tiny, green tile patterned linoleum kitchen, cooking up a batch of chicken fried steak, mashed potatoes and sipping her Andre champagne. Classy. But seriously, I’m so thankful that I was exposed to different genres as a child.  

As I put this list together (it was hard only picking five), I realized that these songs not only reminded me of my mom, but they also reminded me of all the great movies that these songs have contributed to.

1.       Do you love me the Contours featured in Dirty Dancing

 

2.       Right back to where we started from by Maxine Nightingale featured in The Family Stone
 

3.       Chapel of love by the Dixie Cups featured on Father of the Bride 

 
4.       My boyfriend’s back by The Angels featured on My Boyfriend’s Back 


5.       Wishin’ & Hopin’ by Dusty Springfield featured on My Best Friend’s Wedding (considered Motown? oh well)
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment