Thursday, September 13, 2012

10 Months of Tallon


My baby boy, you’re 10 months old now. You’ve been out of the womb just as long as it took you to come out! Get it? For those of you who say “Amanda, you’re crazy, women are pregnant for 9 months, not 10!” Well, get out your calculators, because 40 weeks divided by 4 is 10 and I’m POSITIVE that I was pregnant for more than 40 weeks.

But honestly, it feels like pregnancy moved slower than these last 10 months that have flown by. You’ve grown from a helpless infant to a rambunctious little man who crawls and cruises around the couch and table.

You’ve started doing this scrunchy smiley face, who knows where you got that from, but whoever showed you, thank them because it’s adorable and heart melting.

When you crawl you talk to yourself as if you’re looking for someone as you make your way through the living room, to the kitchen, to the bedroom.

You scream “ABAH!” when you’re excited about something, who knows about what.

Right before you turn a corner just about to go out of my sight, you stop. Turn your head and give me the smallest, sweetest smile and continue to turn that corner…is this foreshadowing?

When you finish your bottle, you ever so gracefully throw it to the side and discard your bottle.

After you’ve had your bed time bottle, and I’ve swept you up on my airs to carry you to bed, you always lay your head on my shoulder. And just as we turn the corner to your room, you let out your last burp of the day.

I love you more than words could ever describe and I feel so lucky to be able to watch you grow into a little boy. My little boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment